So you want to fit into your dream wedding lehenga and fairytale cocktail dress perfectly, but are worried about love handles and a little paunch showing through? Fret not, all you brides to be, try these tips and tricks before your marriage and dazzle on your D-day, and look like a million dollars. After all you are worth it, aren’t you?
1. Don’t Sit Idle: Pick up those running shoes, and start working out diligently. Keep aside at least one hour in a day for exercise, or at least for walking. Whatever it is, do not stay idle. You can workout even while watching tv – spot jogging, jumping jacks, or do basic planks. It will really help in the long run.
2. Do Not Miss Your Workout Sessions: I know you must be tired from your shopping sprees and probably you slept till late, but that is absolutely no excuse for you to not workout. All that shopping and all that roadside food during shopping is not gonna help you to lose weight. So no matter how tired you are, make your workout your priority and not an option.
3. Say no to Refined and Junk Food: Try to stay away from refined and junk food and that includes white rice, maida, and refined grains. Refined and junk food add empty calories to the body without providing any nutrition. Junk food also makes you hungry all the time and before you know, you would be adding too many calories to your daily diet. Switch to brown rice, brown bread, and whole grains instead.
4. Totally say “no” to Sugar before your wedding: The first thing one should probably be doing leading up to the days of marriage is to give up on refined sugar. Table sugar has empty calories and leads to weight gain. Switch to stevia leaves instead to add sweetness to your food. Here’s what will happen if you “Say No to Sugar for 15 days.”
5. Concentrate On Your Problem Areas: You have a flat tummy and flabby arms but your reception dress requires your arms to be toned. So what do you do in that case? Though you cannot spot reduce fat from a certain body part, you can definite tone that area. Practice ab exercises or arm exercises depending on your problem area.
6. Stop Carbonated Beverages and Alcohol: All those packaged beverages, even though they claim to be “fruit juices,” will stand in your way to weight loss, same is the case with alcohol. Drink plenty of water (at least 8 glasses) and opt for healthier options like coconut water or even plain old glass of lassi.
7. Do not Crash Diet: Don’t go for any shortcuts when it comes to the matters of your wedding. Internet is full of fad diets but they show different results for different bodies. Most importantly, do not crash diet or severely restrict calories. Instead switch to healthy diet programs like Rati Beauty which help you to lose weight without compromising on health or fitness.
8. Stress is not good: Butterflies in your stomach can flutter, but only occasionally. Do not stress or send sleepless nights in the bed – they will add to weight gain.
9. Sleep for at least 7 hours each night: A good night’s sleep improves metabolism and reduces the amount of the hunger hormone “ghrelin.” Bonus is that you would also be able to clear up dark circles and puffy eyes. Sleep well and tight to look amazing.
10. Practice yoga: Yoga is an amazing way to tone your body, lose weight, and to feel amazing in general. Practice yoga on a daily basis and you would automatically find out how amazing it is for the body and mind.
11. Include lot of vegetables and whole grains in your diet: As everyone else would have advised, eat lots of veggies, seasonal fruits, and whole grains in your diet. In fact, try to eat at least half plate full of veggies with each meal and do not forget to portion control and practice mindful eating while doing so.
These were a little tips, if clubbed together, will go a long way in making you looking nothing less than a queen or a princess on your wedding day. Incorporate them in your life and happy wedding.