We have written many times about the incredible and numerous health benefits of magnesium. It`s very important to maintain balanced magnesium levels, otherwise the body would not be able to function properly, increasing the risk of many diseases.
It may be a bit difficult to get enough magnesium through your diet, so there are always supplements you can take. Like the magnesium bicarbonate drinks, which are an absolute hit these days. This compound cannot be found in any food, but it can be made at home and we have the recipe for it.
How important is magnesium?
This mineral can relieve muscle tension as well as the pain caused by migraines, it can also improve your sleep and treat different neurological conditions. All in all, magnesium is very important for your health in general.
It has a great impact on almost every body system, so it`s effect to human body has almost the same intensity as most of the prescription drugs. Magnesium can help the regulation of the metabolism, the balance of electrolytes and many other important biochemical reactions in our organism.
Magnesium deficiency can be a real problem, because as soon as its levels go under, the whole body goes down. This is the warning from Dr. Andrea Rosanoff, the co-author of “The Magnesium factor”; she states that 50% of sudden heart attacks are cause by dangerously low levels of magnesium.
Magnesium deficiency symptoms:
- Abnormal heart beat
- Tremors or muscle cramps
- High blood pressure
- Liver and kidney issues
- Degeneration of bones and teeth
Health benefits of magnesium bicarbonate
This complex hydrated salt can only be found in liquid form, both together only in rare mountain springs. Intake of this water can improve digestion and absorption of nutrients, which leads to higher energy levels and detoxed cells. Some of the benefits of consuming magnesium bicarbonate are:
- Protection of cells from heavy metal poisoning (mercury, lead and aluminum)
- Increased memory and focus
- Neutralized acids and balanced pH levels
- Higher levels of calcium and sodium
Recipe for magnesium bicarbonate water
Preparing this water is very easy. It is based on the reaction of magnesium hydroxide (Milk of Magnesia) with plain carbonated water.
- Cool down 1 liter of fully carbonated seltzer (flavor-free). It should only contain water and CO2. Suitable solution is club soda, which is carbonated water low in added sodium.
- Shake the bottle of Milk of Magnesia and take out 3 tablespoons (45ml).
- Take out the seltzer bottle from the fridge, open it slowly to minimize CO2 loss. After the fizzing has settled down, add the Milk of Magnesia slowly. Return the cap on the water bottle and shake it for 30 seconds, to make the liquid cloudy.
- In about 30 minutes, when the liquid gets cleared, all the un-dissolved magnesium hydroxide will be settled on the bottom. Shake it again for 30 seconds. When the liquid gets cleared again from the magnesium hydroxide in the MoM, it should have reacted with the rest of the CO2 to turn into ionized magnesium bicarbonate.
- This 1 liter contains about 1500 mg of magnesium and 7500 mg of bicarbonate.
- The water should be kept in the fridge. A sign that the reaction is complete is when the side of the bottle “cave in” after the liquid is cleared.
You should consume 200 mg of magnesium a day, which can be found in half a cup of this water. You can increase the amount to 1 full cup (250 ml). More than this can cause diarrhea, so be cautious.
The post This Relaxing Magnesium Water Will Relieve Muscle Pain And Headaches appeared first on Healthli.